Portugal Fashion Summer 2013: My favorites

I couldn’t pass the Portugal Fashion Summer 2013 show without making my list of favorites. Portuguese fashion is definitely growing and it’s good to know that the crisis is not blocking designer´s creativity.

Congrats to everybody involved; designers, brands, it’s not easy to do fashion in this country, so you all have my sympathy. But of course I enjoy some collections more than others. These are my favorites.
 
Alves/Gonçalves: Very minimalist, though elegant and feminine as always. Maybe some lack of color but I quite like the straight lines and cuts.







Carlos Gil: A very feminine collection. I like the pastel colors and the flowery. The dresses are beautiful.
 




 

Diogo Miranda: My favorite! I loved everything! The colors, the models, the originality, the fusion of styles .... Everything!
 





 

Filipe Oliveira Baptista: Filipe´s collection are always good, this one is nice, not great though. I enjoyed the patterns and the mix of colors the most.
 




 

Ricardo Preto for MEAM: It´s a very summery collection. Simple, beautiful and very commercial which is also important.
 





 


João Melo Costa: From all the rookies this one is my favorite. Although very dark I can find some originality. I like the fabric and the creativity of some models.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment